Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Cotton Candy Origami Dress














Recently I picked up a whole bunch of great remnants at the fabric store and decided to do a quick little project for myself. Because I was using a sheer material I made a tube dress out of some hot pink spandex that luckily matched the pink shade of sheer fabric. I decided to do something simple but fun, and the bright color makes this off the shoulder dress pop! It's a mash up of something you might see for spring/summer 2009 on the runway- in terms of style it's got that 80's look going on, and I love the delicate little tipped shoulders that add a oriental origami style to it. It reminds me of something you might see from 3.1 Philip Lim, Alexander Wang or maybe Marc Jacobs. I fit this to myself without a pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment